Bendigo basketballer Kristi Harrower has called it quits on her stellar career.
The veteran Opal knew this would be her last season, however, has had to make the announcement earlier than expected as she is 16 weeks pregnant.
Harrower was extremely emotional at the press conference with Dad (and coach) by her side. As you would be after dedicating 32 of your 39 years on the planet to one sport. The WNBL life member shared her disappointment in not being around to help the Spirit girls push for the three-peat, however, she knows retirement is the right thing for her body and the baby.
The career standout for Harrower is her 20 years playing for the Opals which included four Olympics and four world championships. She retires from the game with a pretty impressive set of WNBL stats:
- 328 games (10th all-time)
- 429 steals (9th all-time)
- 4198 points (6th all-time)
- 460 3 pts made (5th all-time)
- 1503 assists (2nd all-time)
- 3 x WNBL Championships (Adelaide 94, Bendigo 12/13, Bendigo 13/14)
- 1 x WNBL MVP – 2009/10
- 7 x WNBL All star five (97, 98/99, 99/00, 08/09, 09/10, 12/13)
What is your favourite Kristi Harrower moment??